Summer means BBQs, swimming, gardening, and stinging insects! Bees, wasps and hornets are very active during the summer months and it’s quite common to find a nest around your home or business. So what should you do if you find one? We have a few suggestions:
- Refrain from sudden movements and running away (unless you need to) so that you don’t aggravate any insects hanging around the outside of the nest.
- Close nearby windows and doors so they don’t find their way inside.
- Alert household members or business employees that there is a nest and to avoid it.
- Keep children and pets away from the nest.
- Don’t try to physically damage the nest until you’re sure there are no living insects left inside of it or around it.
- Give us a call. We will come out in a timely manner and will safely eliminate the nest. We’ll also survey the location of the nest for any opportunities to address vulnerabilities.
If you suspect a bee, wasp or hornet issue around your home or business, contact us to schedule a free inspection. We service the greater Capital District area including Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga and Rensselaer Counties.