Family Pest Solutions offer thorough and comprehensive services to take care of what’s pestering you, your family, and your employees. All of our services begin with a complete inspection where we will look at every nook and cranny of your property. We will then find a solution that fits your needs and your budget, communicate your options, and document all of our findings so you are empowered to make the decisions that are best for your needs.
Whether we are treating occasional invaders, such as spiders, crickets, earwigs, silverfish, mice, rats, and more, or more common pests, you can rest easier knowing our experienced professionals have your property covered. We offer a range of treatment options, from one-time appointments and emergency services to regular monthly or quarterly maintenance, to provide peace of mind all year long.
For expert pest control services in Schenectady and the surrounding areas, contact Family Pest Solutions. Ask about our free inspections!
Every residential or commercial service starts with an inspection of our property. We will look for cracks and holes where pests can enter your property and make recommendations on steps you can take to remove nests and make your property less attractive for invading pests. This is part of our integrated pest management (IPM) practice that combines prevention; home exclusion; and safe, eco-friendly chemical treatments to eliminate pests and prevent them from re-infesting your property.
By identifying the root cause of infestations and providing solutions that protect your home or business rather than just treating the symptoms, we are not only able to use fewer pesticides, but our customers also have peace of mind in knowing our methods will keep them safe long into the future.
We use Family Pest Solutions on a regularly scheduled program and it has greatly reduced the number of bugs in and around our house. We had a lot of bees and nests in the past, and the interior had a very big fly problem especially in the fall and winter it is all gone now.Armand D.
I highly recommend Jack and Family Pest Solutions. I contracted Family Pest Solutions for a pest inspection. Jack was very knowledgeable and gave me a detailed plan of action using the most up-to-date methods to treat my issue. Overall, I would recommend Family Pest Solutions to friends and family without hesitation.Pab V.
I had a rather large and active nest of yellow jackets that is now no longer. Matt was professional and well-versed in what needed to be done. Jack and his team of pros are always focused on getting it right, well worth the price.Richard C.
We've used Family Pest Solution for two years and couldn't be happier with them. Gary usually services our house and he's professional, kind, and always explains in detail what's going on. Glad to be on ongoing service with them to keep our home pest free!Britnee E.
We had a large active wasp nest and they came the same day and took care of the entire problem. Huge thank you!Diana R.
From helpful phone calls to quick and friendly service, this business is awesome! I was originally very worried about the process, having pests in the house is disgusting! They answered all my questions and reassured me. Everything went according to plan - arrived on time, reviewed what they would do and what to expect. Great people, I’d refer them to all!Maureen M.
We had a great experience and a good laugh when they found where the squirrels were nesting and storing hundreds, yes hundreds of nuts in an old canning cellar that we did not use. Reasonable price, quick to set up service, friendly, and explained everything. This is the second service we have used and hands down would recommend them!Nancie S.
Our technician was very knowledgeable and thorough upon inspection. He explained every detail of the work to be completed. I have total trust in this company and will definitely recommend them.Dianna B.
This is the 2nd year they are doing treatment for ants. I found they are honest, punctual, and do a great job at very fair prices. I would tell anyone in need an exterminator to call them.Patricia W.
Common Pests We Treat
In our more than three decades of experience, we have helped thousands of local homes and businesses. There is little we haven’t seen and solved. Below is a selection of the pests we most commonly see in our local area. If you notice an infestation of any of the below or more, contact us for service.
- Carpenter ants – Treated quarterly or every other month. Carpenter ants prefer wood with high moisture and will create structural damage by burrowing and hollowing out the wood. Carpenter ants go through a complete metamorphous and total colony elimination may take several treatments. Once the problem is under control, preventative maintenance is key to avoiding future infestations. The insect’s egg and pupae stage are protected, so IPM practices are incorporated into every solution offered.
- Bed bugs – Treated with a three-step process. We offer preventative service once your initial problem has been solved. Bed bugs will seek shelter around the seams of mattresses, bed frames, behind electrical outlet covers, behind picture or window frames, in door frames, and any other crack or crevice found in a room. Bed bugs’ primary host are people, although they will feed on other mammals such as cats or dogs. They are also transient pests that are transported into your home or business from multiple sources.
- Stinging pests – Family Pest Solutions recognizes that stinging pests such as yellow jackets, wasps, hornets, and carpenter bees can be a very dangerous nuisance that finds shelter on your property. Stings from these unwanted pests hurt and some people are even allergic to them. If you want to keep your pets and family safe from stinging pests, we can help.
- Cockroaches – Monthly service may be needed based on our initial inspection. IPM practices are incorporated into every solution offered to ensure these pervasive pests are not a constant nuisance for your home or business.
- Flies – Fly services are customized depending on the type of fly. Sanitation is the best tool for solving most fly problems. Drain flies and fruit flies breed in hard-to-find areas, usually deep within a drain or high moisture area. Cleaning the drains or removing the source are key. Family Pest Solutions will help identify and regularly recommend a solution. Drain fly treatments are also available using a biological enzyme.
- Cluster flies – Cluster flies are considered an over-wintering pest. We recommend an exterior treatment between mid-September and mid-October before cluster flies enter the home. It’s more challenging once they have entered the home to hibernate for the winter.
Licensed & Certified
Family-Owned & Operated
35 Years of Experience
5-Star Customer Service
- Mosquitoes – If you and your family enjoy spending time outdoors, you’ve probably encountered mosquitoes. These blood-sucking pests are considered a vector pest because they can carry diseases such as West Nile virus, malaria, and more. Family Pest Solutions treats the areas where mosquitoes hide during the day which reduces the population near your home. We treat your property from May through September with a thorough exterior treatment to provide a barrier of protection for you and your family. If you are planning on having an outdoor event in the Albany, Schenectady, and Troy areas – plan ahead to protect your guests!
- Termites –Termites are found throughout the Capital District, generally within sandy soil. Saratoga and Albany counties typically have geological soil conditions that termites love. They enter from the soil and will eat wood and cellulose material. We offer termite elimination service using a baiting system and borate treatment within targeted areas.
- Powder post beetles – Homeowners often receive conflicting opinions as to whether the damage they are seeing is from powder post beetles or not. Mistakes are also made in determining if the infestation is active and if so, how it should be managed. Incorrect information results in unnecessary treatment and expense, or a failure to protect your property. Basement modifications may be necessary – if so, recommendations will be made and documented.
- Ticks – Lyme disease and other tick-borne illnesses have been on the rise in the US. The key to protecting your family and pets is to have a professional tick control service. Family Pest Solutions uses a barrier treatment to eliminate ticks before they can reach you. This offering will drastically reduce the tick population close to your home. We start by inspecting the property, identifying where ticks can thrive, customizing a solution with recommendations, treating vegetation close to your home with our organic approach, and placing a barrier around the perimeter of your yard.
- Rodents – Commensal rodents, referring to the fact that they live at man’s expense without giving anything in return, include Norway Rats, roof rats, and house mice. They can come in and out without being noticed, entering through holes as little as 1/4″. Family Pest Solutions will inspect your home and access the problem. We customize every solution based on your family’s needs. Exclusion methods are used to stop the mice from re-entering. Humane traps are used on the inside to remove mice that are caught. It’s important to inspect attics and crawlspaces if they are accessible.
We will handle detailed inspections, reports, and recommendations when it comes to your pest problem. Call us at (518) 907-0605 to schedule your service.